Re:RE: HP-UX Installation questions for 8i/9i on a HP-UX 11/

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:12:49 -0500

Jeff,

    Care to put your 2 cents in?

Dick Goulet

Subject: RE: HP-UX Installation questions for 8i/9i on a HP-UX 11/11i Author: "Mandar A. Ghosalkar" <mghosalk_at_byer.com> Date: 3/19/2003 1:24 PM

Dick,

you are right. i don't need Ansi C or Microfocus cobol if i am not using Pro*C or Pro*Cobol.
the bundled C compile is sufficient for oracle installation.

but i am not sure about OnlineJFS and HpUX Disk Mirroring license

base vxfs is good enough, if extra features not required. but maybe i need Disk mirroring for the internal disks for root and swap. i would have two internal 18GB Hot Plug Ultra SCSI Low Pro Drive. is this enough for the root/swap for hp 11i. is mirroring required for the internal disks? do we need extra license for that?
is glanceplus a necessity for passive standby database server?

any additional hp 11i software required?

any inputs?

thanks
Mandar

Author: Mandar A. Ghosalkar