RE: Server Recommendations

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 04:53:37 -0800

Others have talked about CPU ... consider licensing costs too. But 512MG RAM? Gimme me a break ... I have 768MB RAM on my home PC that I use for casual work.

But the max RAM that your bean counters will allow you to, and then some more. This is true, especially if you will be running MS OS ... it hogs all available memory, and JAVA is proving to be some compitition to MS in this memory hogging capabilities as well.

Just my thoughts ... on a Sat.
Raj

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra
  INET: Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com