RE: UTL_FILE

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:28:45 -0800

He needs to make his Windows C: drive into a network mounted drive on the HP box.

I remember back in a mixed AIX/WinNT environment I was able to mount a CD-ROM drive on the AIX box as a network drive on the WinNT box. I don't know if it's possible to do it the other way round, especially in an HP/Windows environment.

If it can be done, that's what you need to do. Then define the path as the HP server would see it, not as your Windows client would see it.

                      "Mercadante,
                      Thomas F"                To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      <NDATFM                  cc:
                      @labor.state.ny.         Subject: RE: UTL_FILE
                      us>
                      Sent by: root

                      03/11/2003 02:53
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to ORACLE-L

Eric

Utl_file only write to the database server. You can use Dbms_Output and spool the results to the local machine. Or 'select' the data to be spooled out.

Hope this helps!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Thomas Day
  INET: tday6_at_csc.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 14:28:45 CST