Re: Analyzing indexes

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:20:17 -0800

RE: Analyzing indexesNo but validate structure populates the index_stats view which is the only way I know of to get the index height, leaf rows, deleted leaf rows, and pct. of used space which is what I normally use in determining if an index needs to be rebuilt or not. Is there another way?

Chuck,
Do you think these indexes are corrupt? Validate structure doesn't give you statistics like Compute Statistics or Estimate Statistics does. Jerry Whittle
ASIFICS DBA
NCI Information Systems Inc.
jerome.whittle_at_scott.af.mil
618-622-4145
Author: Chuck Hamilton
  INET: chuckh_at_softhome.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 12:20:17 CST