RE: LMT monitoring

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:28:59 -0800

Here is my interpretation of algorithm suggested by Conner,
(I'll get to others too)

/*

   CASE WHEN initial_extent < 1m THEN

       CASE WHEN EXTENTS < 16 THEN NEXT = 64k,
            WHEN EXTENTS < 80 THEN NEXT = 1m,
            WHEN EXTENTS < 200 THEN NEXT = 8m,
            ELSE NEXT = 64m
     WHEN initial_extent >= 1m THEN
       CASE WHEN EXTENTS < 64 THEN NEXT = 1m,
            WHEN EXTENTS < 184 THEN NEXT = 8m,
            ELSE NEXT = 64m )

*/

WITH main_qry AS (
SELECT a.owner owner , a.segment_name seg, b.init init, a.extent_id ext#, TO_CHAR(a.bytes) bytes
  FROM DBa_EXTENTS a,

       (SELECT owner, segment_name, bytes init FROM DBa_EXTENTS WHERE extent_id = 0) b
 WHERE b.owner = a.owner
   AND b.segment_name = a.segment_name
ORDER BY a.owner, a.segment_name, a.extent_id) SELECT owner, seg, ext#,

       CASE WHEN init < (1*1024*1024) THEN
	        CASE WHEN ext# = 0 THEN bytes ELSE
	        CASE WHEN (ext# BETWEEN 1 AND 15) AND (bytes = (64*1024))
THEN bytes ELSE
			CASE WHEN (ext# BETWEEN 16 AND 80) AND (bytes =

(1024*1024)) THEN bytes ELSE
CASE WHEN (ext# BETWEEN 81 AND 200) AND (bytes =
(8*1024*1024)) THEN bytes ELSE
CASE WHEN (ext# > 200) AND (bytes = (64*1024*1024)) THEN bytes ELSE bytes || '#' END END END END END ELSE CASE WHEN ext# = 0 THEN bytes ELSE CASE WHEN (ext# BETWEEN 1 AND 64) AND (bytes = (1024*1024)) THEN bytes ELSE CASE WHEN (ext# BETWEEN 65 AND 184) AND (bytes =
(8*1024*1024)) THEN bytes ELSE
CASE WHEN (ext# > 184) AND (bytes = (64*1024*1024)) THEN bytes ELSE bytes || '#' END END END END END verify

FROM main_qry
ORDER BY owner, seg, ext#
/

I know it is not optimal, but it gives me what I need. But here it the thing, even this is not right ...

SELECT owner, segment_name, bytes, stragg(extent_id)   FROM DB$EXTENTS
 WHERE owner = 'TCS'
 AND segment_name LIKE 'ACTUAL_IMP%'
 GROUP BY owner, segment_name, bytes
 ORDER BY owner,segment_name, bytes
/
OWNER SEGMENT_NAME BYTES STRAGG(EXTENT_ID)

TCS ACTUAL_IMPRESSIONS 1048576
1,2,4,3,5,7,9,11,13,22,21,20,19,18,17,16,15,14,39,38,37,36,35,34,33,32,31,49 ,48,47,46,45,44,43,42,41,40,30,29,28,27,26,25,24,23,12,10,8,6 TCS ACTUAL_IMPRESSIONS 8388608
0,55,57,74,73,72,71,70,69,68,67,66,82,81,80,79,78,77,76,75,65,64,63,62,61,60 ,59,58,56,54,50,51,53,52

Last columns is just a comma delimited list of extent numbers (works like sum() for varchar2 strings, I can't get them sorted !!) Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at espn dot com
Any views expressed here are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !!

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra
  INET: Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com