cant connect oracle after developer 9i instll

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:33:37 -0800

1.I installed Oracle 9i on a Windows XP platform. Had it create a default database. Successfully logged in.

2. I then installed the 9i developer suite.

I am now getting the follow error in my trace file:

Fatal NI connect error 12645, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleryantest)(A
RGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID= ryantest)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\ora9i\bin\oradim.exe)(HOST=RYAN-2LE36OFJCE)(USER=S YSTEM))))   VERSION INFORMATION:
 TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.0.1.3.0 - Production  Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.0.1.3.0 - Production
  Time: 08-MAR-2003 21:32:28
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    nr err code: 0
    ns main err code: 12645
    TNS-12645: Parameter does not exist.     ns secondary err code: 0
    nt main err code: 0
    nt secondary err code: 0
    nt OS err code: 0

Here is my sqlnet.ora file:

# SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\ora9i\network\admin\sqlnet.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME) NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE = world
NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = world
SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 15
SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_CLIENT = requested

If I take out: SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_CLIENT = requested from SQLNET, I get the following error:

ORA-01034: Oracle Not available
ORA-27101: Shared Memory Realm not avaible

I have checked services and my instance is started, along with my listener. I can recognize it with the Administrator tool GUI. My init.ora is just the default created by Oracle.

Anyone have any ideas? It worked before I installed Developer?

Author: Ryan
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net