Re: Fine Grained Access Control (FGCA)

From: Murali Menon <mjgnmenon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:34:37 -0800

Hi Madhavan
Thanks to you and Jonathan for the input. Another question on the same subject. How are policies defined for child tables. For example if you have an parent table which has say company id so you define a policy on this column. now a parent child related table, the child table is related to the parent and thus has no company id. Now how would one define a policy on this table to take into account the policy defined on the parent table. Basically select from child table where foreign key matches the rows of the parent and also meets the policy defined on the parent. Menon
 Madhavan Amruthur <mad5698_at_fastmail.fm> wrote:Hi Murali, In our case since the predicats are generated dynamically and a call to the function from outside will give me the predicate being applied. Thanks to Jonathan Lews, I will also make sure now using event 10730.

Regards,
Madhavan
http://www.dpapps.com

--