RE: nt script

From: Branimir Petrovic <BranimirP_at_cpas.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 11:55:12 -0800

Do yourself a favour - resist temptation of even considering DOS batch "language" (as it is nothing more than a horrid pile of I-won't-say-what;-)

Better choice is WSH and VBScript or JScript. Windows Scripting Host comes with every IE - therefore every Windows machine. Should you go this way keep on mind that you will be painting yourself (using M$ proprietary paints) in corner with your own hands.

It makes the most sense to choose cross platform scripting language then use it wherever you go. Down side - you'd have to ensure this particular scripting environment is installed on all platforms/systems you support.

Python and Perl are two mature beasts that pack (more than) enough power, and yet are platform agnostic. Worth learning? You bet.

Branimir

Author: Branimir Petrovic
  INET: BranimirP_at_cpas.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 13:55:12 CST