RE: RE: how to find elapsed time for a query in oracle 8.1.7 Database

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 05:23:44 -0800

LAST_CALL_ET means the elapsed time since the last call. If the session is inactive the idle time is therefore LAST_CALL_ET minus the (unknown) time taken to process this call. I have just checked on a 8.1.7 database an ACTIVE session for which LAST_CALL_ET was increasing each time I was running my query. Which leads me to think that if STATUS is 'ACTIVE' and LAST_CALL_ET is greater than 1200, it means that SQL_ADDRESS and SQL_HASH_VALUE have a fair chance to point to a statement which has run for more than 20mn.

Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole

Author: Stephane Faroult