Re: Oracle Internet File System

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 07:36:34 -0800

iFS 1.X.X and below is alternately with the 8.1.7 database and 9iAS 1.0.2.X

9iFS 9.0.1 is with the Database CD Pack {on a seperate CD}

9iFS 9.0.2 is part of 9iAS 9.0.2 {on a seperate CD}

9iFS 9.0.3 has been renamed as Oracle Files and is part of Oracle Collaboration Suite.

Check the MetaLink certification pages for "Internet File System" [which goes upto 9.0.1] "9i Internet Application Server" [where 9iFS 9.0.2 is listed under components for 9iAS 9.0.2]
"Oracle Collaboration Suite" [where Oracle Files 9.0.3 is listed under components for OCS 9.0.3]

Hemant
At 04:19 PM 04-03-03 -0800, you wrote:
>I believe this is free with the Enterprise Edition of the database server,
>but I have not been able to confirm it. There is certainly no "iFS"
>option. Am I correct here or not? Can anyone point me to an Oracle
>document saying it is free.
>
>We are looking at collaboration tools such as SharePoint which takes a SQL
>Server back end. Oracle is pushing "Collaboration Suite", but I am wary
>of any first release from Oracle especially in an area where their success
>as been non-existent. I have not seen any specifications for what is
>needed and iFS may be satisfactory.
>
>Ian MacGregor
>Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
>ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.edu