Re: V$ARCHIVED_LOG question

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 13:43:39 -0800

The ACTIVATION# and ARCHIVAL_THREAD# columns are apparently used by Data Guard "fetch archive log" (FAL) processes to manage any logfile transfer gaps using the FAL_CLIENT and FAL_SERVER parameters on the primary and standby databases. Metalink note #150214.1 ("Synchronization of primary and standby database due to log transfer gap") mentions the values in these columns, though not the column names themselves.

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com