RE: ora-1017 invalid username/password when trying to login as internal

From: Naveen Nahata <naveen_nahata_at_mindtree.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:04:04 -0800

Just my guess, look at the registry parameter ORA_SID_PWFILE(Sorry my knowledge is limited to NT only) and see if it is pointing to the right file. Try restarting the service.

Are you running more than one DB on the same server?

by the way, if you find out the exact reason why this is happening do put it in the List. It bugged me too once, not sure exactly how i got rid of it.

naveen

Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com

                            DISCLAIMER
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and
proprietary to Tata Steel Ltd. and is intended for use only by the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient , you are notified that
any dissemination or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you
are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the originator.
Tata Steel does not enter into any binding agreement with any party by
e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the
view of Tata Steel. Tata Steel is not responsible for the consequences of
any actions taken on the basis of information provided.
While this e-mail has been checked for all known viruses the addressee
should also scan for viruses.
To know more about Tata Steel please visit www.tatasteel.com

Author: ATIN KUMAR JAIN
  INET: atinjain_at_lot.tatasteel.com