RE: IMPORT sloooowwww

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:48:32 -0800

How many redo log files you have and what are the sizes for these files?

Chech the frequency of switch log and also check checkpoint frequency.

It looks like the DB has a severe contention problem. What is the size of shared_pool and buffer_cache?

Regards,

Waleed

Author: Ball, Terry
  INET: TBall_at_birch.com

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 12:48:32 CDT