RE: How to increase maxextents of ROLLBACK segment_type?

From: Fink, Dan <Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:18:26 -0800

I'm going by memory (slightly faulty right now...), but I recall that if you are using LMT for RBS, you MUST create a 2nd RBS in system before creating the LMT tablespace and rbs. There is another case where it is required. A very nice gentleman from Denmark (I'm terrible with names) pointed these out after my presentation. The LMT one I remembered with prompting, the other I had never heard of, but made sense... Anyone help a future-alzheimer's patient here with this one?

I recall the requirement for a second rbs was dropped in 7.3

One of the 9ir2 'bugs' (linux at least) was that all tablespaces had to be LMT. So in order to create rbs, you had to create a second rbs in system. However, it would not let you do that. I never followed up for confirmation, so take with grain o' salt.

Dan

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com

Author: Fink, Dan