RE: strange data format error: ora-01821

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 06:58:31 -0800

Zhu - I compliment you on your preparation. You have avoided the normal pitfall and posted a great deal of information about your issue, which I hope will allow one of the experts on the list to diagnose your problem.

        The query you post is "select 1 from dual_at_dblink". Is this really the exact query? If that query is giving an error, then I am no help for you and look forward to some good responses from others more knowledgeable than I.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com