RE: DB Refreshes

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:28:47 -0800

All the snapshots in a refresh group are processed as a single transaction. The idea behind a refresh group is that you want those particular tables to stay synchronized. Needless to say this can be taxing on your rollback segments.

I don't know what happens if you specify a rollback segment for each snapshot, but I would think what ever is specified in the dbms_refresh.make procedure would override it.

I am not 100% certain on any of this. Corrections are welcomed. My conclusions are based on observations made several years ago.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_SLAC.sTANFORD.EDU

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS