RE: Problem in creating DB Link

From: Edward Shevtsov <eshevtsov_at_detmir.ru>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 06:43:22 -0800

Aleem,

The keyword PUBLIC is not required and that's the difference between creating public and private db links. Have a look at SQL Reference Giude. If my memory serves me right Oracle don't support describe for a

remote table. It's OK that Oracle append us.oracle.com to the name of
your db link. Have a look at parameter DB_DOMAIN, it should be described
in your init.ora and sqlnet.ora files. Default value is 'WORLD'.

Regards,
Ed

Author: Edward Shevtsov
  INET: eshevtsov_at_detmir.ru