Problems putting on 8.1.7.4 patchset

From: Scott Stefick <sstefick_at_harper.cc.il.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:21:11 -0800

Hello list,

I just installed an Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 database and I am trying to put the 8.1.7.4.0 patchset on it. I get to the Install part on the Installer and when it gets to the $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libwtc8.sl file, I get: "Error in writing to file $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libwtc8.sl" I have tried to cancel this and start it over, I've tried to remove the whole patcheset and ftp it down again, and still no luck. It stops here every time.

Could someone please help.

TIA

Scott Stefick
UNIX Systems Administrator
Oracle Certified Professional DBA
Wm. Rainey Harper College
847.925.6130

Author: Scott Stefick
  INET: sstefick_at_harper.cc.il.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 23 2002 - 16:21:11 CDT