RE: SunFire v100

From: Johnston, Tim <TJohnston_at_quallaby.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:18:26 -0800

I have used the very similar Netra X1... It is an ok little box that's very cheap... $995 with 128 MB of RAM and a 400 MHz Sparc II when we bought it less then a year ago... You can now get the V100 with 256 MB of RAM and a 550 MHz Sparc II for $995... Some things to point out you may have missed...

  1. The drives are IDE... It comes with a 40 GB and you can have a total of two of them...
  2. It uses a fairly standard SDRAM ( MUCH cheaper then normal Sun memory - You can buy 512 MB DIMM's at www.crucial.com for $120 ) and it holds a total of 2 GB

A lot of machine for $1000 as long as it fits you needs... We have used a couple as development database machines and they were fine... Most of ours are dedicated to application use (we have 20 of them)...

HTH
Tim

PS - Check
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Sun%2BSun+Fire& mfr=Sun&cat=RAM&model=Sun+Fire+V100&submit=Go for the memory

Author: Maria Aurora VT de la Vega
  INET: mtdelavega_at_pse.org.ph

Author: Johnston, Tim
  INET: TJohnston_at_quallaby.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 23 2002 - 11:18:26 CDT