RE: utl_file_dir vs create directory

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:58:26 -0800

that's what I thought, but the docs would lead you to believe it is the preferred substitute in all cases...

I was always under the impression that BFILEs are read-only. If this is wrong, then we can and should probably use the 'create directory' and BFILE. If this is right, then a BFILE is useless to me in this circumstance

Rachel
--- "Adams, Matthew (GEA, MABG, 088130)" <MATT.ADAMS_at_APPL.GE.COM> wrote:
> I believe that the 'create directory' command is only
> appropriate when dealing with BFILEs.
>
> It's not exactly a substitute for the UTL_FILE package
> and UTL_FILE_DIR parameter.
>
> ----
> Matt Adams - GE Appliances - matt.adams_at_appl.ge.com
> My computer beat me at chess, but I won
> when it came to kick boxing.

Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs