RE: Reasons to upgrade from Oracle 7.3.4 to 8i - DONE

From: Andrey Bronfin <andreyb_at_elrontelesoft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:33:32 -0800

Thanks a lot to all who replied !
The upgrade issue is postponed by the customer ;-( Apparently they'll need to upgrade the O/S as well (they currently use Digital 4.0d , while the earliest version Oracle8i OPS is certified on is 4.0e, and 9i RAC is supported on 5.*).
So , now the customer should decide whether or not they'd go for it. BTW , support is not an issue for them. The customer is the largest (and arguably the only) wireline telephone company in Israel and is the largest customer of Oracle Israel. Their support contract includes (among the rest) FREE upgrades , performed by Oracle consultants on site.

DBAndrey

Author: Andrey Bronfin
  INET: andreyb_at_elrontelesoft.com

Author: Andrey Bronfin