RE: dbms_utility and dbms_stat difference

From: Baker, Barbara <bbaker_at_denvernewspaperagency.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 07:13:27 -0800

Is there an advantage to either of these over "roll your own" (select 'analyze table ' || table_name|| 'compute statistics'....)? (Besides ease of use.)

Since I already have the scripts in place that run the analyze statmement, I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to change the jobs to use dbms_utility.analyze_schema.
Thx!
Barb

Author: Baker, Barbara
  INET: bbaker_at_denvernewspaperagency.com