RE: Using Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory userid to logon

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:13:35 -0800

The only Oracle-supported method of this is to use Oracle Internet Directory ("OID"). OID has a fun feature that says it will allow full replication between it and "another" full LDAPv3 compliant server, which is odd considering that OID itself is *not* LDAPv3 compliant -- no matter what Oracle tells you (try using OID LDIF files in another LDAP server!).

I've also not been able to get OID to replicate reliably to another OID instance. It works fine for a few weeks, then chortles when some resource leak hits a limit. Oracle Support has put this to development, where it has been sitting for several months. Granted, our new sales people really seemed to put forth a lot of effort in resolving the issue, but it was just too late. We have dumped OID in favor of Sun One (iPlanet). Which means that Oracle won't support authentication or names resolution -- unless we have OID in between the DB and Sun One... <sigh>.

I like the DB, but the other Oracle products I'm not too sure about...

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com