Re:snapshots problems

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:01:35 -0800

If you've got OEM around, look at refresh_groups.

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nalla=20Ravi?= <vvnrk2001_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date:       8/14/2002 11:13 AM

Hi All,

Can you please kindly clarify the following doubts on snapshots:

 we have got around 50 snapshots to be created on same database from 1 schemas 2 another readonly  majority of these snapshots access same base tables 1) can I refresh them parallely? At a time Howmany can I refresh parallely?
 When I tried to refresh paralley DB hang and refresh time took 4 times more than normal time DO I need to increase the follwoing parameters?

job_queue_interval                   integer 60
job_queue_processes                  integer 4

2) I need a consistent view when I refresh all my 50 snapshots, so total time might take 2 hours, meansm while some other tables might get updated, SO when I want consistent for all my 50 snapshots, can I use set transaction readonly?

Please kindly clarify me

with regards,
John.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nalla=20Ravi?=
  INET: vvnrk2001_at_yahoo.co.uk

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 15:01:35 CDT