RE: DB Link Error - More Info

From: Kirsh, Gary <gary.kirsh_at_gs.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:29:03 -0800

Kevin,

I've seen this problem when the global_name and db_domain don't match. I've been able to solve it one of two ways:

  1. Create another db link, this one with using the domain instead of .WORLD, i.e. "create database link a.dallashq using ...". Don't drop the original link otherwise selects won't work.
  2. Change the global_name, i.e. "alter database rename global_name to GETDATAP.DALLASHQ"

HTH,
Gary

Author: Baker, Barbara
  INET: bbaker_at_denvernewspaperagency.com

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com

Author: Kirsh, Gary
  INET: gary.kirsh_at_gs.com

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com

Author: Kirsh, Gary
  INET: gary.kirsh_at_gs.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 13 2002 - 14:29:03 CDT