RE: Statistics - using dbms_stats breaks the query

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 12:56:31 -0800

Guess what Chris,

... I have saved the stats and there are less than 10% of the rows where there is any difference in the stats in various columns. Most of the time, the difference is about less than 5%.

Is that good enough to throw off the optimizer??

Thanks
Raj

Rajendra Jamadagni MIS, ESPN Inc.
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra
  INET: Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com