RE: unable to shutdown immediate

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 00:13:19 -0800

Hi,

May be your database is cleaning your Rollback segments (look like hang for you)

"Quick and Dirty" way

SQL> starup force;
SGA bla bla bla....

SQL> shutdown immediate;

Sinardy

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: smcclure_at_usscript.com

Author: Sinardy Xing
  INET: SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 08 2002 - 03:13:19 CDT