RE: Oracle 9.2 Upgrade Question

From: Molina, Gerardo <Gerardo.Molina_at_schwab.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 15:28:33 -0800

Also, Metalink has a good doc on this.

Note 159657.1 Complete upgrade checklist for manual upgrades from 8.X to Oracle 9i (including 9.2)

I would recommend a manual upgrade (ie., do not let installer upgrade your database).

Keep in mind that there are only 3 migration paths to 9.2 - from 8.0.6, 8.1.7, and 9.0.1. If you are one another version, then you have to first upgrade to one of these versions before trying to upgrade to 9.2.

HTH,
Gerardo
Author: Carle, William T (Bill), ALCAS
  INET: wcarle_at_att.com

  INET: Babu.Nagarajan_at_Cummins.com

Author: Molina, Gerardo
  INET: Gerardo.Molina_at_schwab.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 07 2002 - 18:28:33 CDT