RE: Checking the rebuildability of an index

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:13:23 -0800

OK, but first read the article that Jesse shared, http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1134696::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID, F4950_P8_CRITERIA:2290062993260,%7Bindex%7D%20and%20%7Brebuild%7D, then tell us why the INTERFACE tables don't match that scenario. I am all for getting at the truth here and I am not exactly sure what it is. I do know that Tom and Jonathan usually run a lot of tests and provide performance data to substantiate there findings. I wouldn't mind seeing some based on the INTERFACE tables you speak of. Also what good is releasing space if it is just going to be grabbed again the next time the INTERFACE table is used?

Ethan Post
(972) 577-6552
perotdba (AIM), epost1 (Yahoo)

Author: Rajesh Dayal