RE: Insufficient privileges

From: <Babu.Nagarajan_at_Cummins.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 08:38:23 -0800

Oracle needs it even to create the index

Babu

A03D817 > create user test identified by test default tablespace users temporary tablespace temp; User created.

A03D817 > grant resource, connect to test; Grant succeeded.

A03D817 > conn test/test_at_a03d817
Connected.
A03D817 > create table test (testnum number); Table created.

A03D817 > insert into test values (1);
1 row created.

A03D817 > insert into test values (2);
1 row created.

A03D817 > commit;
Commit complete.

A03D817 > create index fbidx on test(to_char(testnum)); create index fbidx on test(to_char(testnum))

                                   *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

A03D817 > conn cl044_at_a03d817
Enter password: *******
Connected.

A03D817 > grant query rewrite to test;
Grant succeeded.

A03D817 > conn test/test_at_a03d817
Connected.

A03D817 > create index fbidx on test(to_char(testnum)); Index created.

"Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>@fatcity.com on 08/05/2002 10:20:22 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

Why would he need query rewrite to create an index? I'm NOT an OCP so please forgive me my ignorance. I, in my blissful ignorance, have thought that
query rewrite is for USING functional indexes and materialized views, not for CREATING them on another user's objects.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com

  INET: Babu.Nagarajan_at_Cummins.com