Re: Re: LINUX and Oracle Corp.

From: chaos <chaospku_at_163.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:23:17 -0800

ltiuŁ¬
  hi, i have the same experience with Jread, Dell does outperform sun, i have Dell 2550 with 2 1.4G P3CPU/2G memory, with Sun 220 2Gmemory/2CPU, Dell is better than sun with regard to oracle responce time and os cpu idle time.

	My application is cpu entensive and memory intensive, not much Disk IO.
	While the Dell server is only about 4000$, Sun costs about 20K$.

Good luck!

            chaos
            chaospku_at_163.net

zhu chao