Re: Difficulty compiling forms ported from NT to UNIX

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:28:25 -0800

Yes, I've had a similar experience implementing OAS.

Move from NT to Solaris. I did it all by hand. No utilities that I'm aware of to correct it. Have you checked MetaLink?

Jared

"Cohen, Erik" <cohene_at_sdc-moses.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
08/02/2002 09:54 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Difficulty compiling forms ported from NT to UNIX

Please forgive the post (and cross-post) to DBA forums, but due to firewall upgrades, I am no longer able to access the newsgroups. If anyone has had similar experiences to the one described below, I would appreciate any guidance in finding a utility work-around. TIA.

Designer generated Forms (FMBs) are moved to UNIX platform along with the
attached libraries (llbs). FMBs are not compiling successfully on UNIX. (Note:
They all work fine on windows platform). This is to serve the Designer generated Forms using Forms Server 6i installed on UNIX. The UNIX machine is
Compaq Alpha Server running Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1A (Rev. 1885). The Developer
software on UNIX is Developer 6i patchset 10.

One of the attached library OFGTEL.llb is referencing OFGMES.llb in an Initcap
case format. After making OFGMES.llb to Ofgmes.llb, OFGTEL.llb compiled alright. At this point all attached libraries are moved to UNIX and compiled
successfully. But, the FMB is not compiling successfully as it is not attaching the libraries properly no matter what case we use for libraries and
its compiled versions. All upper case and all lower case filenames did not
work. We noticed that an error message did refre to the refreenced filename
as Initcap format, so we changed all attached filename to Initcap format. Then
we have to convert .fmb file to .fmt and edit it to convert external filename
references to Initcap. Then convert the fmt back to .fmb format. This version
of .fmb compiled successfully with all attached library files being Initcap.
Editing Designer generated .fmb by converting to .fmt (text format) is tedious
and error prone. We are trying to find if Oracle has a patch/utility for this
bug. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Erik Cohen
SAIC
Falls Church, VA

Author: Cohen, Erik
  INET: cohene_at_sdc-moses.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 02 2002 - 18:28:25 CDT