RE: Performance Problem after Migration

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:28:50 -0800

Scott - I would approach this as a standard tuning problem, and try to avoid making assumptions about what the answer is. Find out what the system waits are. STATSPACK is pretty good at listing your waits. Otherwise, there are scripts available that you can run. Make sure the database is waiting for what you assume it is. If the predominant waits are for the disk subsystem, then you will investigate that further. Also, are you sure the application wasn't changed sometime over the migration? Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Scott Canaan
  INET: srcdco_at_ritvax.rit.edu

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 17:28:50 CDT