Delete performance

From: Gurelei <gurelei_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 06:03:22 -0800

Hi all:

Someone at my shop wants to delete about 20% of roes in a table (200000 rows out of a million). He wants to set a commit frequency (like every 1000 records or so)
to keep the rbs under control. I am not aware of any easy way to do it other then writing a procedure, but I may be missing something here. Is there any simple way to accomplish this?

Also I have suggested instead of deleting 20% of the rows, create a new table as a select and insert the rest of the rows into it (then rebuild the indices and rename). This can be done in nologging mode, without redo logs and rbs segments. Is this a good idea to try?

thanks for any info

Gene

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better http://health.yahoo.com

Author: Gurelei
  INET: gurelei_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 09:03:22 CDT