Re: extremely high number of executions

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 01:28:18 -0800

I haven't read all the replies, but there are two things that you to investigate:

  1. The number of executes will not be the reason for the for the library cache contention. I have a feeling that you have a same number of parse count(total) for them. Now they are responsible for a lot of the libarary cache contention. Each execute will require a pin and that needs to be allocated, but that should be fairly quick.
  2. This is also a case where the SQL statement is optimized (as you noticed), but the number of executes needs to be tuned. I can't tell what the statement is needed for but some of that data should probably be cached for a session at the client side.

Check the parse calls and see if you can't cache it on the client side.

Anjo.

Author: Anjo Kolk
  INET: anjo_at_oraperf.com