Re: Re: Please share your experience with RAC on linux:)

From: chaos <chaospku_at_163.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 04:58:22 -0800

Don Granaman£¬

   I write to dell and they said:

//////////////////////////////////////

We are working on a certified configuration of Oracle 9iRAC - Release 2 on RH Advanced Server on the 6650 platforms. This certified configuration will be available soon. I have cc'ed our Product Marketing Manager, Nicolas Pujol
and Stan Nguyen, our Marketing Manager in Dell-Asia, so that they can provide you with more information.
//////////////////////
	I have another thread open in dbforums:http://dbforums.com/t432663.html, you can take a look there.
	Redhat Advanced Server seems to be a good choice, but it seems need seperate license, even if we do not buy the technical support, right?

>3) RAC on Dell/RedHat is headed for production "soon", but no production
>experience yet. I'm still working out the basic cluster quirks - like why
>softdog wants to reboot the nodes several times per week! (The most recent,
>about 48 hours ago, was because nts hiccuped and the clocks on the two nodes
>got about 1/2 hour out of synch.)

We currently have a ops on Suse Linux cluster, and now it seems ok, we rebooted it after it run 60 days. In the beginning, it rebooted every one week also, after i distribute the work load to the two machine, it seems much more stable.

        Nice that we can communicate on the same configuratoin:)
>Don Granaman
>[OraSaurus]

Good luck!

            chaos