RE: end of correction support question

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:23:30 -0800

Oracle Support replied:

19-JUL-02 15:23:30 UPDATE You are mostly correct. ECS is only for supported versions of Oracle.

However, there are some exceptions. Customers running Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite) have full support on certain versions of Oracle software depending on the customer, generally negotiated thru their Sales Rep.

It also depends on specific customer situations. It is pretty rare that we do make an exception, but it can be done if the business impact is large enough.

That tells me there will be a judgment call involved - if it is a critical security flaw that can be ported back to previous versions, there is a small chance that they will. They will almost certainly do it if you are an Oracle Applications Suite customer.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Eric D. Pierce
  INET: eric_d_pierce_at_pacbell.net

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca