Re:RE: RE: (Fwd/2)

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:03:28 -0800

Well, Let's see. It looked like Win2000 for the most part, acted like Win2000 only better & faster. Their Office look alike package (little different in feel but not functionality) worked like Office2000 just a little faster. And to boot they had a copy of Doom running right off of the Windows CD?!?!?! This stuff is as advertised, Linux for the masses. I was more than impressed by their software distribution model. You pay a single fee for access to the digital warehouse. There's an icon on the desktop access the warehouse, click on a product & it downloads & installs itself by itself unless you want to customize it in some way (like a custom location or you don't want a specific driver). The hardware requirements are lower than Win2K as well. Seriously, although Linux did provide M$ with some competition these guys have REALLY thrown down the gauntlet. I get the $99 to upgrade to Lindows and at least at home Windows is history.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Jesse; Rich" <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date:       7/18/2002 9:46 AM

OK, Dick, you can't leave it at that! What "SERIOUSLY impressed" you, aside from the dirt cheap price?

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com