RE: Delete query...question.

From: Grabowy, Chris <cgrabowy_at_fcg.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:33:24 -0800

I was just wondering...

Specifically, on the DELETE's WHERE clause, isn't it better to use ROWID versus CREATED??

If you use ROWID then you don't have to walk the index. DELETE FROM tbl WHERE ROWID.....
If you use CREATED then you have to walk the index, again? Right? DELETE FROM tbl WHERE created....

To head off emails, I know your supposed to be very careful when working with ROWID, i.e. not storing rowid for future reference, etc. But this specific example seems to be ok.

Thoughts?

Author: BigP
  INET: big_planet_2000_at_hotmail.com

Author: Grabowy, Chris