RE: system event waits

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 08:58:35 -0800

  1. If you have bug 1210242, then using timed_statistics=true will have a profound impact upon performance. Get a patch, and then go to 3.
  2. If you use an HP-UX release older than release 10, then using timed_statistics=true will have a profound impact upon performance. Upgrade HP-UX, and then go to 3.
  3. Otherwise, set timed_statistics=true at the instance level, and leave it set that way forever. In your first hour of using timing data, you will probably recover more system capacity than the timer mechanism will consume in a year.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:

- Hotsos Clinic, Jul 9-11 New York City
- Hotsos Clinic, Jul 23-25 Chicago
- 2003 Hotsos Symposium on OracleR System Performance, Feb 9-12 Dallas

Author: BigP
  INET: big_planet_2000_at_hotmail.com

Author: Cary Millsap
  INET: cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com