Number of locked rows or how many locks when update a bitmap inde

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 23:58:54 -0700

Hi,

Is it possible to find out the actual number of locked rows?

For example:

SQL> desc test
 Name Null? Type

SQL> select * from test;

         1
         1
         1
         2
         3

5 rows selected.

SQL> update test set f=f where f=2 or f=3;

2 rows updated.

SQL> Is there a view I can query to find out that 2 rows are locked?

v$locked_object will let me see that there is 1 table locked and find out which table it is.
v$lock will show 1 * TM lock and 1 * TX lock.

Putting this another way, if I use bitmap indexes and update a field in the index, I may lock more than 1 row (Oracle will use bitmap-segment-level locking). How can I find out how many rows are locked in this case.

For a specific case I guess I should find out how many rows are in a single bitmap-segment but I haven't yet investigated how to do this.

Thanks,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 01:58:54 CDT