RE: inspdver... equivalent in 8i and above...

From: Cale, Rick T (Richard) <RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:00:07 -0700

From
MetaLink
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2> To explain the disappearance of the inspdver utility from the Oracle8i.

 The inspdver utility is not

supplied with

Oracle8i. ----------------------------------------------------

 Previous versions of Oracle

supplied the 'inspdver' utility in the $ORACLE_HOME/orainst directory.  It relied on information maintained by the 'orainst' utility to display information about which Oracle components were installed in a given $ORACLE_HOME directory.

 With Oracle8i, the Installer is

completely new and the 'inspdver'  utility is no longer provided.  However, information about installed products can be obtained by running the Oracle Universal Installer (runInstaller) and clicking on the 'Installed Products' button located on the opening screen.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Rick

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Anjan Thakuria   [mailto:anjan.thakuria_at_eds.com]Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001   12:45 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   inspdver... equivalent in 8i and above...Listers,   I am hoping someone knows the equivalent of inspdver in 8i and   above. Can  you please let me know.
  thanks
  Anjan Received on Thu Sep 20 2001 - 11:00:07 CDT