Re: Renaming GLOBAL_NAME

From: Mario Alberto Ramos Arellano <alramos_at_capufe.gob.mx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:29:38 -0700

I tried all the suggestions and the only one that worked was updating the global name directly to the table.

Mario Alberto Ramos
>>> Prasada.Gunda1_at_hartfordlife.com 17/09/01 16:35 >>>

Thank you all for your replies. I bounced the database and still it has the same problem.

Regards,
Prasad

                    "Rachel

                    Carmichael"          To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    <carmichr_at_hot        cc:

                    mail.com>            Subject:     Re: Renaming GLOBAL_NAME

                    Sent by:

                    root_at_fatcity.

                    com

                    09/17/2001

                    03:30 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

you need to reboot your database, changing the init.ora parameter to global_name to false:

SQL> select value from v$parameter where name like 'global_name%';

VALUE

FALSE SQL> select * from global_name;

GLOBAL_NAME

UREGPROD

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

  INET: Prasada.Gunda1_at_hartfordlife.com

Author: Mario Alberto Ramos Arellano
  INET: alramos_at_capufe.gob.mx