Data Warehouse/weekly loads

From: Connie Milliken <cemail_at_sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:25:59 -0700

What are the options for being able to keep a data warehouse available to users, but still being able
to do weekly data loads during regular business hours? Our warehouse is large enough that we are going to have to create a seperate instance on another box to perform the weekly data loads on. However, there are some tables that do hold some dynamic data. After performing the weekly load, how do you synchronize all the changes on both databases into one database so that the users have all the data?

Author: Connie Milliken
  INET: cemail_at_sprintmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 22:25:59 CDT