RE: dbms_utility.compile_schema

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:05:12 -0700

When there are mutiple INVALID objects it can be the case that object Z uses object Y which uses object X. If X, Y & Z are invalid, you'd need to
invoke dbms_utility.compile_schema up to THREE times  if the invalid objects are compiled in alphabetical order. My PL/SQL procedure use an invalid object counter and remains in a WHILE LOOP until the current invalid object count equals the previous loop's invalid
object count. Once two consecutive dbms_utility.compile_schema results in
the same number of invalid objects, then you can exit out of the loop and
exit the procedure.
From: Big Planet [mailto:bigplanet34_at_hotmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, September
12, 2001 10:11 AM
To: Multiple recipients of
list ORACLE-L
Subject: dbms_utility.compile_schema

Is there something wrong with dbms_utility.compile_schema . When I tried to use it  , I left with few invalid objects . But if I manually compile those objects using alter package *** . they get compiled .Any Idea why ? BIgP
Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Belkin Components and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 15:05:12 CDT