RE: STOP THE PRESS!!

From: Patrick Mullen <Patrick.Mullen_at_wfp.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 02:55:15 -0700

I am very much a passive observer of this list but I feel a duty to add to Thomas's comments.

I have heard from various sources phrases like history will never be the same, the world will be changed.

We are all going to be tempted into irrational hatred, I saw a guy on the train here in Rome yesterday who looked islamic (if that is possible), and I found myself looking at him thinking "if he's packed with explosives?", but I was aware of what I was doing, I forced myself to reflect for a few seconds.

If the world is going to change lets not follow blindly to wake up in a world without tolerance. The world can change and if it does there is a pretty high risk that it all comes flying back like some boomerang...

Patrick

"Thomas, Kevin" <Kevin.Thomas_at_calanais.com>@fatcity.com on 12/09/2001 11:00:20

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

And who are you going to bomb? Is that the answer?? I understand that someone has to pay, but at the moment the American Government have no idea who that is. People celebrating, while I despise it intensely, is unavoidable from certain Arabs as they have been brought up to loathe the capitalist world, which America stands as a proud symbol to. You can't go around killing civilians because they are cheering, that lowers you to their
level. We've had to put up with sectarian violence in Northern Ireland, we watch as adults and kids jeer and throw stones at children going to a Catholic school in a Protestant area....it hurts, it hurts real bad, but you
have to let your usual level-headedness return before taking action and action *should* be taken but ensure you have the right target first...

Author: Patrick Mullen
  INET: Patrick.Mullen_at_wfp.org

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 04:55:15 CDT