Fast Refresh of Snaphots Locking?

From: Tracy Rahmlow <Tracy.Rahmlow_at_aexp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:28:24 -0700

When we do a fast refresh of a snapshot and the number of entries in the log are high (750,000+) our users complain about poor performance for approximately a 5 - 10 minute period. (This occurs in the database where the master resides) As of yet I have not been notified in a timely manner to investigate as it is occuring. I thought there was no locking on the master site, so my initial reaction is that this is not the issue. It is also strange that it is a short period of time. I believe much shorter than the time it takes to refresh the snapshot. Also, only appears to be an issue with a large (in our shop) number of transactions in the snapshot log. No complaints any other time. Has anybody seen any threshold limit for refreshing incrementally (fast)? Is there locking occuring on dictionary tables which is extended in length due to the number of transactions? Any thoughts? Thanks

Author: Tracy Rahmlow
  INET: Tracy.Rahmlow_at_aexp.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 11 2001 - 01:28:24 CDT