RE: Script for checking temp usage

From: Seley, Linda <LSeley_at_IQNavigator.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:53:13 -0700

Michael -

I've had similar problems (although the pain isn't high enough for me to get in there and fix them yet). To do this I've set up a cron job to check every 15 minutes. The script I run is:

set lines 100 pages 87

column username format a10
column tablespace format a6 heading 'TBSP' column segfile# format 999 heading 'FILE#' column extents format 99999 heading 'EXT' column blocks format 9999999

spool /tmp/sort&1

select s.username,

  su.session_addr,
  su.session_num,
  su.sqladdr,
  su.tablespace,
  su.contents,
  su.segtype,
  su.segfile#,
  sum(su.extents) extents,

  sum(su.blocks) blocks,
  sum((su.blocks*p.value)/1024/1024) M,
  sa.sql_text
from v$sort_usage su,
  v$session s,
  v$sqlarea sa,
  v$parameter p

where su.session_num = s.serial#
  and s.sql_address=sa.address
  and p.name = 'db_block_size'
  and s.username <> 'SYS'

group by s.username,
  su.session_addr,
  su.session_num,
  su.sqladdr,
  su.tablespace,
  su.contents,
  su.segtype,
  su.segfile#,
  sa.sql_text

/
select *
from v$sort_segment
/

exit;

My ksh script checks to see if there are rows returned and if so sends me the information.

HTH! Linda

Author: Jenkins, Michael
  INET: Michael.Jenkins_at_Nextel.com

Author: Seley, Linda
  INET: LSeley_at_IQNavigator.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Sep 10 2001 - 11:53:13 CDT