RE: awk, sed, windoze, sql*loader, other fun stuff

From: Guy Hammond <guy.hammond_at_avt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:45:36 -0700

Just
use Perl... it's got all the functionality and most of the syntax of awk, sed and ksh, not to mention bits of C. And it even has a nice interface to Oracle. Once you start with it you'll be like, damn, how did I manage without this?
<SPAN

class=526203712-31082001>
<SPAN

class=526203712-31082001>g
<SPAN

class=526203712-31082001>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Koivu, Lisa   [mailto:lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com]Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001   7:27 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   awk, sed, windoze, sql*loader, other fun stuff   Hello all,
  I'm working on sql*loader scripts and I   realize that I'd probably be DONE by now if I had awk and sed to use.  Of   course, as unix-deficient as I am, I don't have it.  Does anyone know of   a windows version of these utilities?    Also I seem to remember someone had
  created a dynamic create-control-file-based-on-a-table script in the past and   shared it with the list.  Does anyone remember where that was?

  Gracias
  Lisa Koivu <FONT
  face="Book Antiqua" size=2>The Bootylicious DBA <FONT   face="Book Antiqua" size=2>Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA Received on Fri Aug 31 2001 - 07:45:36 CDT