Re: LinuxFS for Oracle

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:44:15 -0700

my udnerstanding of reiserfs, is that its still not ready for primetime.  I like the concept of turning off my machine and not having to FSCK thru 80G of disk space but i'd rather not be rebuilding my databases either.  i'd stay with ext2 for now.

joe
>>> wbuchan_at_uk.intasys.com 08/29/01 11:48AM
>>>I am about to attempt an Oracle installation on SuSE Linux
7.2.  I need to pick a file-system: ext2 or reiserfs.Does anyone have any comments to share?All I can see from the docs is:"Oracle8i Server must be able to verify that file writes have been made to disk. Filesystems that do not support this verification are not supported for use with Oracledatabases, although Oracle software can be installed on them."My knowledge of how the 2 filesystems is 0.  I'd be very grateful for any advice and/or interpretation.Thanks- Bill.-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com-- Author: Bill Buchan  INET: wbuchan_at_uk.intasys.comFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing

REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 29 2001 - 12:44:15 CDT